The IberiaBank, as Presented on Wikipedia
For more information about First Horizon Corporation, which acquired IBERIABANK in July 2020, see their corporate website or the website for their subsidiary, First Horizon Bank.
First Horizon Corporation has taken ownership of IBERIABANK as of July 2020. Check out First Horizon Bank or First Horizon Corporation if you want to learn more.
The IBERIABANK Corporation, or simply IBERIABANK, was the largest bank in the U.S. state of Louisiana and was headquartered in Lafayette, Louisiana. Founded in 1887, the company expanded to 12 southern states where it eventually had 325 locations total (190 bank branches and 3 loan production offices). Company-wide, there were 16 wealth management offices across 5 states and a single Iberia Capital Partners office in NOLA.
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency oversaw IBERIABANK while it was an FDIC-insured institution. After the financial crisis ended on March 31, 2009, IberiaBank repaid its TARP funds to the Treasury first among all American financial institutions.
The merger between IBERIABANK and First Horizon, both based in Memphis, Tennessee, was announced in November 2019. Memphis is home to the new and improved First Horizon Bank. On July 2, 2020, the merger was finalized.
History [ edit ]
Foundations [ edit ]
On March 12, 1887, under the name Iberia Building Association, the bank first opened for business. It was given to a city in Louisiana called New Iberia by Spanish conquistadors in 1779; the name was inspired by the Iberian Peninsula. citation neededAbout three thousand people lived in New Iberia at the time the bank was established (citation needed). As the region's oil reserves, which would later spur population and economic growth, had not yet been discovered, sugarcane farming was its primary industry. 
For the first century of its existence, the bank primarily served the residents of New Iberia by accepting deposits and providing mortgage loans. 
Iberia Building Association rebranded as Iberia Savings & Loan Association (ISLA) in 1956. ISLA was not impacted by the oil crisis of the early 1980s like many Louisiana commercial banks were because savings and loan associations, or "thrifts," were not allowed to lend to businesses. 
As the oil glut of the 1980s continued, the bank absorbed several failing thrifts after expansion restrictions were lifted in 1985. The thrift expanded beyond its original territory of Iberia Parish, Louisiana, with the opening of branches in Morgan City and Franklin. In 1988, Iberia Savings & Loan Association (ISLA) changed its name to Iberia Savings Bank (ISB), and the following year, ISB acquired Acadia Savings & Loan in Lafayette, Louisiana. 
Changes to the rules in the early 1990s allowed Louisiana's savings and loan associations to convert to commercial banks with state charters. On April 13, 1995, ISB Financial Corporation, a holding company formed by the bank's president Larrey Mouton, went public. 
Daryl Byrd, formerly of Bank One, became CEO in 1999, ushering in a period of explosive expansion for the institution. Under its new name, IBERIABANK Corporation, the company has expanded through the acquisition of 24 banks since 2001. 
Loan losses, facility repairs, and insurance deductible payments were just some of the hurricane-related costs incurred by IberiaBank after Katrina hit the Gulf Coast in 2005. After Katrina, the Louisiana-based bank decided to expand into other states in an effort to spread out its risk. In 2007, the bank made its first move outside of Louisiana by acquiring Pulaski Bank and Trust in the state of Arkansas. 
In the wake of the global financial crisis that started in the spring of 2008, many banks' assets were acquired, fueling a period of rapid expansion. ANB Financial in Arkansas was the third FDIC-insured bank to fail in 2008, so their insured deposits were taken over as a first step. IberiaBank took over CapitalSouth (based in Birmingham), Orion Bank of Florida, and Century Bank of Florida the following year. In late 2009, it completed its fifth and final FDIC-supported transaction, the acquisition of Sterling Bank in East Florida. 
Consolidation through Purchasing [ edit ]
Since 2001, the firm had expanded by acquiring 24 additional banks. 
A Savings Bank Established in 2003 in Lafayette, Louisiana (LBA).
Baton Rouge, Louisiana's Alliance Bank (2004) 
Monroe, Louisiana's American Horizons Bank in 2005 .
Little Rock's Pulaski Bank & Trust and Jonesboro's First Community Bank both opened in 2007 .
Bentonville, Arkansas's ANB Financial in 2008 .
The following banks were acquired in 2009: CapitalSouth (Birmingham, Alabama); Orion Bank (Naples, Florida); Century Bank (Sarasota, Florida); Sterling Bank (Lantana, Florida).
For 2011, we have: Omni Bank (Metairie, Louisiana); Cameron State Bank (Lake Charles, Louisiana);
Ft. Myers, FL: Florida Gulf Bank, 2012.
In 2014, Trust One Bank in Memphis, Tennessee, changed hands from Synovus to First Private in Dallas, Texas, and Teche Holding Company in Lafayette, Louisiana, to First Private.
Florida Bank Group, Inc., 2015 (Tampa)Old Florida Bankshares Inc (Orlando, Florida); and the Georgia Commerce Bankshares, Inc. (The ATL)
United Bank of Sabadell 2017 (South Beach, Flordia);
Founded in 2018, Gibraltar Private Bank citation needed(Miami, FL) [insert location]
IBERIABANK and First Horizon Corporation, headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee, reached a merger agreement in November 2019. The new bank's headquarters will be in Memphis, and it will be known as First Horizon. The merger was finalized on July 2, 2020 . There are billion in loans and billion in assets at the combined bank. 
Toronto-based TD Bank Group announced on February 28 that it would acquire First Horizon Corporation in an all-cash transaction valued at $13 billion in 2022. 4 billion For each share of First Horizon, TD will pay $25. Consensus suggests that the deal will close in February of 2023. 
Branches and Affiliates [ edit ]
Company, IBERIABANK was the parent company of IBERIABANK, which offered retail and wholesale banking services, mortgages, and VirtualBank's online banking platform. 
There are a total of six operational non-banking subsidiaries and divisions under IBERIABANK's ownership. 
Equity research, institutional sales, trading, and investment banking were all areas in which Iberia Capital Partners (ICP), a division of IBERIABANK, excelled. Investment firms, governments, and other large organizations like pension funds, mutual funds, hedge funds, and energy companies were its typical clients. 
Through its subsidiary, Essex National Securities, Inc., Iberia Financial Services (IFS) provided investors with access to a variety of financial instruments. Broker/Dealer (ENSI) Member FINRA, SIPC Investment products and services were also offered by IFS, and they included mutual funds, 529 plans, annuities, stocks, insurance, bonds, and pension plans. 
A former division of IBERIABANK, Iberia Wealth Advisors (IWA) specialized in trust and asset management. High-net-worth individuals, their families, businesses, pension funds, foundations, endowments, and public and private institutions were all able to take advantage of IWA's wealth management and trust services. 
As a full-service title agency, Lender's Title Group operated in Arkansas and Louisiana as Lenders title Company (Arkansas), United Title of Louisiana (Louisiana), American Abstract (Little Rock, Arkansas), and The Title Company (Baton Rouge, Louisiana). Lenders Title Company's closing services and title insurance products backed and facilitated home purchases, refinancing, home equity lines of credit, commercial property deals, financing, government land sales, and real estate owned (REO) transactions. Title agents, escrow officers, legal professionals, and support staff made up the Lenders Title Company team. For many years, Lender's Title was Arkansas's preeminent non-governmental title insurer. 
IBERIABANK's Mercantile Capital Corporation provided funding through the Small Business Administration's 504 Loan Program for the purchase of fixed assets like buildings and machinery by qualifying businesses. Loans for merchandise are available in all 50 states plus Puerto Rico and Washington, DC. 
References [ edit ]
- ^ "Company Overview of IBERIABANK, CORP." CNNMoney Retrieved 2011-08-18
- ^ a b c Document Titled "Form 10-K of IBERIABANK Corp." The IBERIABANK Group Retrieved 2016-07-07
- ^ a b IBERIABANK Corp. Form 10-Q" webmasterId=101533&ref=11739443&type=HTML&symbol=IBKC&companyName=IBERIABANK Corporation&formType=10-Q&dateFiled=2017-08-09#s39E0134BBA7C51A3ADF454FBB5CAE46C. IBERIABANK, Inc. Retrieved 2017-09-30
- ^ a b c d "IBERIABANK" Finance the Cosmos Retrieved 11 July 2016
- ^ The Book of New Iberia's History Place de New Iberia 4 June 2003 Retrieved 14 July 2016
- ^ a b IberiaBank is 120 years old! The Iberian Daily News Earlier this month, on October 3rd, 2007 Retrieved 14 July 2016
- ^ ISB Financial Corporation's Stock Repurchase Plan is Now Complete. prnewswire com 28 June 1999 Retrieved 14 July 2016
- ^ The bank IberiaBank had a record-breaking year. The_Advocate The Month of January, 2012 Retrieved 7 July 2016
- ^ IberiaBank Services Are Once Again Available. The Latest in Mortgages from Across the Country November 14, 2005 Retrieved 13 July 2016
- ^ The Pulaski Bank is no more. The Arkansan 3 April 2009 Retrieved 14 July 2016
- ^ "ANB Financial fails; Iberiabank subsidiary acquires assets" Reuters 9 May 2008 Retrieved 14 July 2016
- ^ a b IberiaBank acquires the defunct Sterling Bank. Commerce Record of Southern Florida 23 July 2010 Retrieved 12 July 2016
- ^ According to the article, "IBERIABANK and LBA Merge in a Million Deal." Daily Iberian Date: September 24, 2002 Retrieved 14 July 2016
- ^ IBERIABANK Corporation Declares Merger. prnewswire com Monday, November 13, 2003 Retrieved 14 July 2016
- ^ American Horizons Bancorp. to be Acquired by IBERIABANK. New York’s Daily News Sept. 30, 2004 Retrieved June 30, 2016
- ^ The Pulaksi Bank is no more. The Arkansan 3 April 2009 Retrieved July 14, 2016
- ^ "ANB Financial fails; Iberiabank subsidiary acquires assets" Reuters 9 May 2008 Retrieved July 14, 2016
- ^ "Information That Was Not Accurately Reported By Banks" FDIC Day of the Week: 15 January 2013 Retrieved 14 July 2016
- ^ Information Collected From Failed Banks FDIC This page was last modified on 13 November 2009. Retrieved 14 July 2016
- ^ The FDIC has decided to close Century Bank Federal Savings Bank. failedbankreporter com Month of November 2009 Retrieved 13 July 2016
- ^ IberiaBank of Lafayette, Louisiana Buys Out Omni Bank. Commerce in New Orleans February of 2011 Retrieved 14 July 2016
- ^ As reported by "IberiaBank Acquires Cameron State Bank," Western Hemisphere Newspapers Daily March 2011 Retrieved July 14, 2016
- ^ The Florida Gulf Bank has been acquired by IberiaBank. Constant Coverage of the Naples Daily News March 2012 Retrieved July 14, 2016
- ^ IberiaBank Acquires Trust One Bank Locations in Memphis. Commerce in Acadiana The Month of September 2013, Completed Retrieved 14 July 2016
- ^ IberiaBank to Buy Competitor to Acadiana" NOLA com We are now in the month of January 2014 Retrieved 14 July 2016
- ^ The Dallas-based First Private Bank has been acquired by IberiaBank. Doing Business in Fort Worth During the month of February in 2014 Retrieved 14 July 2016
- ^ IberiaBank, based in Lafayette, has purchased Florida Bank Group. The Proponent October of 2014 Retrieved 14 July 2016
- ^ As reported by the press release titled "IberiaBank to Acquire Old Florida Bancshares," Journal of Commerce in Orlando In the month of October, 2014 Retrieved 14 July 2016
- ^ The article's subheading reads, "IberiaBank Merges with Atlanta Financial Institution." NOLA com Last month of 2014 Retrieved 14 July 2016
- ^ According to the press release titled "IBERIABANK Corporation Completes Acquisition of Sabadell United Bank, N.A." July 2017 Retrieved 31 July 2017
- ^ Written by: Flessner, Dave (2019-11-4) It has been announced that First Horizon will merge with the largest bank in Louisiana. The Chattanooga Times-Free Press The original version was published on November 7, 2019 and is available on the internet at: Retrieved 12 February 2022
- ^ Organizations have successfully completed a merger of equals. First Horizon Investor Relations Issues a Statement July 2, 2020 The original version was archived on October 25, 2020.
- ^ Grace Donnelly (6 July 2020). The IberiaBank and First Horizon Bank merger is now official. Business Journal of Atlanta Retrieved 27 May 2021
- ^ "In Conjunction with TD Bank and First Horizon Bank" www firsthorizon com Retrieved 2022-05-20
- ^ "VirtualBank" Retrieved 3 October 2018
- ^ Capital Partners IBERIA Retrieved 1 July 2016
- ^ A Financial Institution in Iberia Retrieved 1 July 2016
- ^ "Wealth Advisors at IBERIA" Retrieved 1 July 2016
- ^ Title Lenders' Association Reuters This version was archived from the original on December 24, 2008 Retrieved 14 July 2016
- ^ Company Name: "Mercantile Capital" Retrieved 14 July 2016
Web Resources [ edit ]
- IberiaBank's financial records from the past:
- Securities and Exchange Commission Documents
In-depth coverage, right away Here at Bankrate, our goal is to assist you in making more informed choices about your money. However, we do so while adhering to , Some of our partners' products are mentioned in this post. An explanation for
A savings account is a great idea for any kid, regardless of age. Kids should start saving early, and the best savings accounts offer interest and don't charge maintenance fees. A legal guardian or parent must be present during account opening. To facilitate this
Bank accountsMoney in the bank / How to get a kid a bank account. A joint bank account is a great way to instill financial responsibility in your child. The U S Youth (13–17) can enjoy additional perks with a Bank
We've made some adjustments and added information for 2023. Seeking information on whether or not your neighborhood Chase bank is open on a specific holiday Here are the dates in 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2017 when all locations will be closed. The dates of Christmas Eve, New